Finance Business Partner
You will serve as a key business analyst and liaison between our Farm Advisory Services business operations (FAS) and the finance team. You will foster communication and knowledge between FAS and finance and serve as an advocate for both teams. In addition, you will enhance the FAS business unit's awareness and understanding of operating performance information, as well as the impact of management's decisions on these financial results. You will report to the Planning and Performance Manager.
What you will do
- Review the expenses of Farm Advisory Services and make sure that all are in line with the finance manual.
- Analyze the monthly financial position of FAS and keep track of specific grant balances.
- Supervise cashiers and bookkeepers of FAS branches and provide financial awareness support.
- Join internal audit findings and take necessary and proactive actions.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Contribute to the development of financial policies and procedures within the finance team and the organization.
- Work closely with Planning and Performance Manager in investigating and reporting on significant budgetary variances towards forecasts and actual financial figures, identifying any remedial action that needs to be taken.
- Ensure budget holders and managers have an awareness of financial performance requirements, including the need for budgetary control.
- You have a minimum four years of financing and account managing experience.
- You are able to lead in report preparation, accounts analysis and reporting.
- You have experience in general ledgers, purchase ledgers and sales ledgers.
- You are familiar with accounting software (e.g SAP, MYOB, etc).
- You can adapt to fast-paced and changing environments and work with a diverse set of people and backgrounds.
- You are a problem solver who has an eye for details and can think critically.
About Proximity Designs
Proximity Designs is an award-winning social business in Myanmar. We design and deliver affordable, income-boosting products that complement the entrepreneurial spirit of rural families.
Launched in 2004, we’ve created Myanmar’s largest agricultural services platform — farm technology, advising and finance — to help small family farms be profitable. Across our platform, we’re now engaging with over 100,000 new customers a year, on top of the 550,000 we’ve already served. These families see an average of $250 annual income increase as a result — a life-changing amount for those living on less than $3 a day.
By using human-centered design, we listen, observe and learn from our customers. From this deep knowledge, we design and bring to market products and services to meet their changing needs. Today the scope of our network reaches nearly 80 percent of the farming population. We have customers in the Ayeyarwady Delta, Lower Myanmar, the central Dry Zone and the Shan hills.
About Agronomy Services: Yetagon Farm Advisory Services
Farming is an extremely complex activity that requires making hundreds of decisions throughout the cropping cycle. We offer a set of agronomy services that are practical, low-cost and result in higher yields and reduced risk.
Our agronomy services are designed to support farmers throughout the growing season. These specialized services include techniques for seed selection, soil health, fertilizer usage, and pest and disease management. Through these services, we teach farmers simple and best-fit techniques that will help them and their families for generations to come.
1. Competitive salary with medical benefits
2. Nearly limitless opportunities for professional growth & career development
3. Talented, forward-thinking colleagues
4. World-class training opportunities through our Proximity School
5. Chance to build a unique, nationwide operation in a frontier market
6. Amazing office environment with in-house café
7. Potential for international travel to conferences & special events
8. Annual performance bonuses
9. Change lives for the better, doing groundbreaking, unprecedented work in Myanmar